Report an Industrial Hygienist Claim

Need Help Reporting a Claim?

Handling claims is an extremely important process. If, at any time during the claims process, you have questions or become frustrated, you should involve us. Our job is to make sure claims are handled to your reasonable satisfaction.


For general claims, please call the Claims Reporting phone number at 800-221-5830.

When to Report a Professional Liability (E&O) Claim

Professional liability insurance is a “claims made policy.” The policy that covers the claim is the policy that is in force at the time the claim is made. This is not necessarily when the work was done or when the damage occurred.

You must look at your policy for its specific definition of a claim, but usually it is a “demand” for money or services, or service of the suit or demand for arbitration. A “demand” can be written or oral. If you receive a demand, report it as a claim ASAP.

Most policies allow you to report “circumstances” that may reasonably give rise to a claim. Reporting a circumstance to your insurance company is a good practice. They can often help you avoid or resolve potential claims. Also, annual renewal applications ask if you are aware of any “circumstances.” To answer this question in good faith, you need to report “circumstances” to your insurance company.

If ever you change insurance companies, you must report all claims and “circumstances” to your current company before the change. The notice must be made within the required notice period of the policy. Failure to do so will likely result in the loss of coverage for any claims arising from a claim or “circumstance.”

If you have a question as to whether to report a claim, please call us at Alliant Insurance Services.

How to Report a Professional Liability (E&O) Claim

Notify your AIHA Professional Liability Insurance Administrator as specified in your policy as soon as possible.


Toll Free: (855) 279-AIHA

Fax: 703-563-1510


Mail: Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.

ATTN: AIHA Insurance Program Administrators

4530 Walney Road, Suite 200 Chantilly, VA  20151


You will need to have the following information ready: 

  • Named Insured as it appears on your policy
  • Your policy number
  • Telephone number
  • Best date and time to contact you
  • Contact name, if other than Named Insured
  • Email address
  • Mailing address
  • Date the claim was received
  • Date of the incident
  • Name of the claimant
  • Details of the claim
  • Documentation including notice of complaint, summons, letter of intent, subpoenas, demand (if available)

How to Report a General Liability, Auto, Workers’ Comp or Property Claim

Contact us directly and we’ll provide the insurance carrier with the notice of the claim OR notify your insurance company directly as specified in your policy. 

Claim Reporting Form